28 Drew St.
Glace Bay, NS B1A 1A7
Phone: (902) 574-3694
The populations referenced in this description is based on the 2011 census.
Map of District 9
This District has a population of 8,976 and an area of 35 square kilometers.
- that part of the community of Glace Bay south of Main Street from the Harbour to its intersection with Wallace Road; and
- south of Beechwood Court; and
- south of 286 Phalen Road, and
- east of its boundary shared with the community of Reserve Mines (i.e. east of 2434 Sydney Road, where Wilson Road becomes Dominion Street at the MacLeod Road intersection; and
- that sector of Dominion Street from its intersection with MacLeod road east to its intersection with Highland Street, and the Steeles Hill neighbourhood south of it; and
- all of Highland Street and the streets north of Ninian Street west of the railway right-of-way;
- Dominion Street east of its intersection with the railway right-of-way to its intersection with Brookside Street; and
- all of Brookside Street north of its intersection with Lake Road; and
- all of the streets north of Lake Road and west and north of the railway right-of-way west and north of the Lake Road to the shore of Big Glace Bay lake; and
- then along the shore of Big Glace Bay lake and along the shore of the Atlantic Ocean to the point where Main Street meets the Harbour.