Christmas Tree Collection Program
Curbside Christmas Tree Collection
2021 Residential Christmas Tree Collection Program
The Solid Waste Department will collect undecorated Christmas trees curbside from residential properties eligible to receive curbside collection.
2021 Residential Christmas Tree Collection Schedule
Tuesday, January 5, 2021 to Saturday, January 9, 2021
Tuesday, January 12, 2021 to Saturday, January 16, 2021
|Residents who live in all areas located OUTSIDE of Sydney, Glace Bay, Dominion and Whitney Pier will place their Christmas tree curbside before 7:00am on their regular collection day.
||Residents who live in the communities of SYDNEY, GLACE BAY, DOMINION, and WHITNEY PIER will place their Christmas tree curbside before 7:00am on their regular collection day.
If you are unsure of your area's COLLECTION WEEK for Christmas tree collection, please phone the Waste Management Hotline (902) 567-1337.
Residential Christmas Tree Collection: Curbside Reminders
1. During your area's scheduled Christmas tree collection week, place your undecorated tree curbside before 7:00am on your regular collection day.
2. Remove the tree stand and ALL tree decorations, lights, nails, wire and plastic from the Christmas tree before placing it out for curbside collection.
3. The Christmas tree must be bare and uncovered. Remove any plastic or covering used to remove the tree from your home. Do not cover the tree with a blanket or tarp.
4. Place the bare Christmas tree in a visible location at the curb. The tree must be accessible and placed in a safe location for collector to remove. A Christmas tree placed on top of a snow bank, located in a ditch, buried in snow or frozen to the ground will not be removed by collector.
5. An artificial Christmas tree will not be collected curbside. An artificial tree can be brought to the Waste Waste Management Facility on Spar Road in Sydney from 8am to 4pm Tuesday to Saturday.
6. Christmas trees are also accepted for drop off at the Waste Management Facility on Spar Road in Sydney.
Questions about Christmas Tree Collection?
Residents are encouraged to phone the Waste Management Hotline at (902) 567-1337 with questions. Educators are available to respond to questions 8:30am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Commercial Businesses: Christmas Tree Disposal Reminder
Curbside Christmas tree collection is not provided to commercial businesses. All commercial businesses must take their Christmas trees to the Waste Management Facility for disposal.
For more information on Waste Management in CBRM, phone the Hotline at (902) 567-1337. Educators are available to respond to inquiries from 8:30am to 4pm Monday to Friday.