Litter Prevention Tips
- Hold on to items you want to dispose of until you are able to dispose of them in a garbage can, blue bag or green cart.
- Remove any litter or debris that you come across when you are outside enjoying our beautiful community.
- Properly tie down, secure and/or tarp all materials that you are transporting in the back of an open truck or trailer.
- Make sure there is no loose litter or debris thrown in the back of your truck or trailer before traveling on community roadways.
- Keep a litter bag inside your vehicle for garbage you generate while traveling in your vehicle.
- Remove curbside materials from the curb if your materials have not been collected on your scheduled collection day. Phone the Waste Management Hotline at (902) 567-1337 to notify the department if your materials were not collected.